Under National Legislation S.I. 201/2016, the purchaser of a pony is required to register the Transfer of Ownership with the passport-issuing organisation (PIO) that issued the passport (Horse Sport Ireland), within 30 days of purchase, by following these steps:
- The Kerry Bog Pony Co-Operative Society requires the seller to sign the Kerry Bog Pony Transfer of Ownership form.
- The purchaser co-signs the Kerry Bog Pony Transfer of Ownership form.
- The purchaser returns this completed form along with the pony’s passport and the appropriate fee to Horse Sport Ireland.
- Horse Sport Ireland carries out the Transfer of Ownership in the Kerry Bog Pony Studbook and the Irish Horse Register and informs the Kerry Bog Pony Co-Operative Society.
- When the passport is updated and all other control checks are met, the Kerry Bog Pony Co-Operative Society identification document with an updated zootechnical certificate will be issued by Horse Sport Ireland to the new owner.
The seller is strongly advised to keep a copy of this signed Transfer of Ownership form for their records.